Our volunteers help with client care, fundraising, and/or office work.
Our client care volunteers perform services that you might ask a neighbour or relative to help with. They play a key role in providing emotional and spiritual support for clients and their family. For instance, the volunteer may:
- Provide respite; stay with the client while a spouse or family members rests or runs errands
- Offer support by visiting with the client and family members; encouraging the importance of having those often difficult, but ultimately comforting conversations.
- Assist with shopping or errands
- Help in keeping client comfortable
- Often just sit and listen