Our client care volunteers perform services that you might ask a neighbour or relative to help with. They play a key role in providing emotional and spiritual support for clients and their family. For instance, the volunteer may:
- Provide respite; stay with the client while a spouse or family members rests or runs errands
- Offer support by visiting with the client and family members; encouraging the importance of having those often difficult, but ultimately comforting conversations.
- Assist with shopping or errands
- Help in keeping client comfortable
- Often just sit and listen
Hospice volunteers are men and women of all ages and backgrounds. Some are retired, others are still in the workforce. All are looking to be helpful in the community and feel they would like to be a part of the Hospice Lennox & Addington care team. Hospice offers a variety of volunteer opportunities including direct client care, fundraising, and event coordination.