Mobile Bereavement Boxes
Resources for bereaved children are available at local elementary schools.
Douglas Thompson Children’s Wish Fund
The Douglas Thompson Children’s Wish fund is overseen by the staff and Board of Directors of the Hospice Lennox & Addington. It works to grant small scale, life enhancing wishes to children living with life threatening illnesses.
What type of wishes does this fund grant?
- Technology to help keep families connected during treatment
- Gaming equipment of games
- Room enhancements that meet the physical and emotional needs of the child
- Items that will add meaning or joy to a child’s life
Who is eligible?
- Wish recipients may be any age up to nineteen
- Priority will be given to residents of Lennox & Addington County but exceptions will be considered at discretion of the Board of Directors
- Recipients must be diagnosed with a life threatening illness that meets the criteria as noted in the eligibility set by the foundation
How do the wishes work?
- Anyone can refer a child using our Wish Fund application form
- Staff work with children and their families to help design a wish based on a child’s preferences keeping the child’s abilities and health in mind
- If required, staff will work with attending physicians to ensure that wishes meet any safety concerns that are relevant due to a child’s medical condition